Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Advent Calendar - Dec 4 - Christmas Cards

Even though it's been ages since I've sent out regular Christmas cards (thank you email!), I love receiving them.  Especially ones from friends with photos, or even better, letters.

Yes, I'm one of "those" people.

I love when I get a letter from someone telling me what's happened in their lives, and their family, over the past year.  Life is so busy these days that a lot of everyday events miss being shared, especially when you don't see some friends due to distance.  It's sweet to hear the pride in a mom's voice as she tells you about her child graduating or getting married, or that a grandchild came to visit for the summer!

I have, on occasion, sent one of these Christmas updates via email and was amazed at the responses I received.  Friends who I haven't heard from in years were emailing back, asking about specific events or inquiring about something that wasn't mentioned.  It was a great re-connecting agent, if you will.

In other words, if you're short on people to send a card to, or have an urge to send a Holiday Letter, feel free to drop one in my inbox!

1 comment:

  1. It is very nice to have email to keep in touch with friends and family but I still love to find cards and letters in my mail box. We send out photo Christmas cards every year (since 1982) and a Christmas letter. I love getting others in return. You are right that reconnecting is super.
    http://leavesnbranches.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete